This programme is focusing on the understanding and appreciation of theoretical aspects and issues in communication.
The master's degree programme in Communication are designed to immerse students in developing a deeper and more focused understanding and appreciation of theoretical aspects and issues in communication as well as to enhance their skills in analysis, critical thinking, problem-solving and inquiry for the subjects.
The programme draw students who are interested in intensive examination of mass communcation as they prepare for careers as University lecturers, researchers or professional media specialists. Students will learn various aspects of communication to better understand the management of media organisations, communication policy and planning, and its influence on organisations and societies.
Mixed mode expose students to theory, research and practice, and these would better prepare students to meet the evolving needs of today's global media lanscape.
Note: Aside mixed mode, there is also a research mode for this programme.
- Analysis & interpretation of data
- Communication policy and planning
- Communication research methods
- Communication theory
- Management of media organisations
- Corporate communication
- Integrated marketing communication
- Media convergence
- Ethnicity and the media
- Politics in the media age
- Psychology and communication
- Full Time: RM 10, 800
- Part Time: RM 11, 200
- Full Time: RM 18, 800
(1) a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR
(2) a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous assessment
(3) a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working or research experience and subjected to rigorous assessment
(4) any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University, as approved by the Senate
In addition to the academic requirment, an applicant is also required to meet the required English Language requirement (view here)before being admitted into the programme of study.
Application for admission
The application for admission to postgraduate programme form is downloadble at www.utar.edu.my, under admissions & financial aid.
Sungai Long campus,
- Tel: +603 9086 0288