We offer high-quality doctoral training to postgraduate students who wish to pursue a MPhil.
We offer high-quality research training to students wishing to pursue a PhD or MPhil. As a research student you will work under a supervisor who will assist you in your research and thesis design. You will also have access to outstanding facilities in information and communication technologies and library resources.
Areas of research
- Educational leadership and management
- Educational technology
- Interdisciplinary research
- Language, literacy and multilingual education
- Special and inclusive education
- Teacher education and teacher development
An upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant discipline and normally some experience in research methodology, (e.g., undergraduate level dissertation or research project). Non-UK qualifications will be assessed against this standard.
English language requirements
- IELTS: 7.0 (with no less than 6.0 in each element)
- TOEFL (iBT): 100 (minimum 20 in Speaking and 19 in all other elements)
- PTE (Academic): 67 (with no less than 55 in each element)
- MUET: Band 5
February, April, July and September
*If you are interested in applying, we would recommend that you familiarise yourself with our research areas and staff expertise and then contact us to discuss your research project proposal with the relevant supervisor in the first instance. Please visit our applications pages to find out how to apply.