The Master of Engineering (Mechanical) programme aims to provide engineering graduates and professionals advanced classroom instructions in diverse field of Mechanical Engineering
Full time / Part time
Lee Kong Chian Faculty of Engineering and Science
Contact UTAR for details
The Master of Engineering (Mechanical) programme aims to provide engineering graduates and professionals advanced classroom instructions in diverse field of Mechanical Engineering, thereby having better competencies and skills to resolve complex engineering issues. Through this programme, students will gain in advanced understanding of the design of mechanical components, whole machines, mechanical systems and mechanical processes.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to:
- Demonstrate continuing and advanced knowledge in Mechanical Engineering and have the capabilities to develop or use these in new situations or multidisciplinary contexts.
- Analyse and evaluate problems in the Mechanical Engineering critically particularly in situations with limited information and to provide solutions through the application of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Appraise available information and research evidence and apply it in the engineering context.
- Plan and perform research undertakings professionally, ethically and responsibly.
- Report technical findings in both written and oral forms in order to contribute to the enrichment of knowledge in the industry.
- Recognise the needs for continuing professional development and pursuing the advanced technical knowledge required for high technology industry.
- Emphasis on producing highly skilled engineers and technical professionals
- Curriculum relevant to industry demand
- Balanced approach between theoretical learning and practical training
- Research-based projects
- Experienced and qualified facilitators
Sungai Long Campus