The Master of Engineering (Electronic Systems) offers a unique combination of scientific and engineering appeal in Electronic Engineering.
Postgraduate (Master, Phd)
Full time / Part time
Faculty of Engineering and Green Technology
Contact UTAR for details
The Master of Engineering (Electronic Systems) offers a unique combination of scientific and engineering appeal in Electronic Engineering. It provides candidates with the opportunity to conduct in-depth study in Electronic Engineering and also equips them with the ability to perform professional analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation. Throughout the programme, candidates will be encouraged to participate in such knowledge-enhancement activities such as report writing, laboratory works and technical studies. Knowledge developed in this field will further enhance the capability of the nation to utilize the human and natural resources of the country efficiently. Overall, this programme intends to produce graduates who are competent and highly skilled in jobs involving research, analysis, writing, teaching or consulting.
Graduates are expected to exhibit knowledge of advances and developments in fields such as electronic manufacturing, micro-fabrication, advanced electronic devices and sensors, optics and optoelectronics, communication and networking, embedded systems and advanced programming for embedded hardware.
Graduates would be able to demonstrate broadened knowledge in research methodologies, formulate and apply solutions to research problems and effectively interpret research results and exercise critical judgments.
Finally, this programme is a "top-up" degree for the group of unrecognized engineering degree graduates.
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.75 and above or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.75 and above in a related field from UTAR; or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.50 and above but less than 2.75 in a related field from UTAR and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Bachelor's Degree with Honours and CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 or a Bachelor's Degree with CGPA of 2.00 and above but less than 2.50 in a related field from UTAR, show evidence of at least five (5) years of relevant working experience and subjected to rigorous internal assessment; or
- Any other academic qualifications equivalent to (1), (2) or (3) from another recognised University as approved by the Senate
Other entry criteria
An applicant is also required to possess a relevant score in one of the following English language examinations:
- a minimum overall score of 580 in TOEFL (paper-based) or 237 in TOEFL (computer-based) or 92 in TOEFL (internet-based testing);
- a minimum overall band score of 6.5 in IELTS;
- a minimum grade B in Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE);
- a minimum score of 980 in English Language Proficiency Test (ELPT);
- a minimum score of 500 in Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) (Critical Reading);
- a minimum score of 22 in American College Testing Assessment (ACT);
- a credit in English 1119;
- a minimum credit C4 in SPM English Language / "O" level English Language;
- a minimum overall band score of 4 in MUET; or
- any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must meet the required English Language requirement before being admitted to the approved programme of study.
Candidates will able to study in Germany and obtain an additional Master of Electronic and Microsystems Engineering awarded by Regensburg University of Applied Science (OTH Regensburg) in Germany, upon fulfilling the specific requirements of both universities.
Kampar, Perak, Malaysia