It is about developing, managing and leading vital systems and processes that are at the very heart of business profitability and growth.
In view of this scenario, the MBA (Supply Chain & Logistics)-(MQA/PA 2669) offered by the National Defence University of Malaysia (NDUM) has been carefully structured to provide opportunities specifically in business, management, marketing, defence and security where supply chain and logistics is important. One of the most prominent feature of this programme is the focus on supply chain and logistics that will give exceptional dimension and niche to the course. This programme is also designed to build upon students’ previous experiences, providing a comprehensive approach to analyse and evaluate preceding transition of goods and services from manufacturers to the customers. The programme also offers rich opportunities to closely examine theories, industry practices and trends in supply chain management and logistics. Students of this programme will obtain an in-depth insight into a supply chain and logistics management, and they will also be equipped with knowledge and skills required to reduce supply chain and logistics complexities, improve service levels and minimise costs.
Mode of study
- The candidate must complete a minimum of 40 credits. The minimum 40-credits taught courses consist of several subject modules, including Core and Elective Courses. The programme delivery method consists of classroom and lecture; individual assignment and teamwork project paper; case presentation and final examination.
A) Core courses
- Course Outline
- Core Courses
- Managerial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Research Methods and Project Proposal
- Organisational Behaviour
- Strategic Management
- Business Law & Ethics
- Marketing Management
- Supply Chain & Logistics Management
- Project Paper
B) Elective Courses
- Integrated Logistics Support
- Inventory & Warehouse Management
- Supply Chain Strategy
- Freight Transportation
Who should attend this course
- Professionals working in the area of supply chain, operation, logistics, marketing, business and management. Earning the MBA will provide opportunities for career advancement.
- Future managers and other leadership roles that interact with supply chain and logistics dimensions, and leaders managing cross-functional team may also consider this programme useful.
- Professionals seeking the credentials to enter the field or those seeking a career change will find multiple career options in a variety of industries with this MBA in supply chain and logistics.
- Fresh Graduates who plan to embark on a career in Supply Chain and Logistics.
Full time studies
- Malaysian students: RM 19, 500
- International students: RM 29, 000
Part time studies
- Malaysian students: RM 21, 200
- International students: RM 30, 700
In order to ensure the quality and integrity of the programme, applicants for the MBA Supply Chain & Logistics at the National Defence University of Malaysia (NDUM) must fulfil the following entry requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 in any field from any institution of higher learning recognised by the Government of Malaysia. Candidates with a CGPA lower than 2.5 must have a minimum 5 years of professional experience
- Diploma in any field from any institution of higher learning recognised by the Government of Malaysia with 10 years of professional experience. Candidates will have to sit for
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) test conducted by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Other qualifications equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree and experience in a related field (business, management, logistic, supply chain, economics or commerce) recognised by the NDUM Senate
- Evidence of Bahasa Melayu and English Language proficiency in addition to academic credential
- A reference letter from the previous or current employer.
All shortlisted candidates will be notified through email and letter from the University. The candidates should also meet other requirements deemed necessary by the University before an offer is made for the programme.
Language requirement (applies to Non-Native English speakers only):
- IELTS (a minimum score of band 6.0)
- TOEFL (a minimum score of 550)
- Any other language proficiency test recognised by the University
All applications must be submitted to the Centre for Graduate Studies, National Defence University of Malaysia. The application form can be downloaded from the NDUM website at http://www.upnm.edu.my
Applicants must submit together all the supporting documents as follow:
- Bachelor Degree Certificate(s)/Diploma Certificate(s)
- Transcript(s) and other relevant certificate(s)
- IC/Passport size photograph (one)
- Reference letter from previous or current employer or any documentation as proof of working experience.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.upnm.edu.my/en/index.php for deeper and more information.
CENTRE FOR GRADUATE STUDIES
- National Defence University of Malaysia Kem Perdana Sungai Besi, 57000 Kuala Lumpur
- Tel: +603 -90513400 (Ext: 4541, 3517, 3516 )
- Fax: +603 -90513436 (pps @upnm.edu.my )
Programme Coordinator: Maj or Wong Wai Loong (wailoong @upnm.edu.my)