The University of Malaya intends to undertake teaching and learning, conduct research and services of quality, generate and advance knowledge through continuous improvement efforts for the benefit of all customers, in particular the students of the University of Malaya.
We are committed to:
- Produce quality graduates through transformative and conducive learning experience.
- Advance the frontier of knowledge through research and consultancy.
- Provide state-of-the-art resources to enrich learning and research experiences.
- Nurture and manage talents for the nation.
- Actively support the local community and nation building efforts.
- Provide solutions and knowledge-capacity to the industries and organizations.
- Become a world class University through internationalization.
Graduates of the University of Malaya will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in their field of study, appropriate research and professional practices, and the processes of critical thinking, creative thinking, and problem solving.
- Use effective methods including contemporary technology to manage information, to achieve diverse professional goals aligned with professional standards and make decisions based on appropriate data and information.
- Engage in continuous self-improvement and professional growth support the professional development of others, and display positive leadership and professional behaviours and disposition for effective practice.
- Communicate effectively with other professionals, and the community, and project a coherent vision of social responsibilities.
- Appreciate and continue to be guided by the University's core values of integrity, respect, academic freedom, open-mindedness, accountability, professionalism, meritocracy, teamwork, creativity and social responsibility.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia