This programme specially adapted to offer you the benefits of online learning to fit your busy lifestyle or work schedule.
This online MBA programme is specially adapted from UCSI’s established MBA programme to offer you the benefits of online learning to fit your busy lifestyle or work schedule. As the only Malaysian university to offer an MBA with an elective in Blue Ocean Strategy (BOS), learners of this programme can expect to be thoroughly exposed to the tools, methodologies and frameworks of BOS that will provide a systematic approach to making the competition irrelevant in any industry. You will learn how to examine the conundrums of global business management and create opportunities through in-depth understanding of underlying factors like finance, marketing and human resource. By the end of this programme, you will have mastered a range of multidisciplinary tools and skills that are required of successful managers, entrepreneurs and strategists.
- 24-Month Completion: Graduate with an MBA in two years while studying at a pace that suits your lifestyle and schedule.
- APEL Entry Recognition: Your experience counts. Gain admission with a minimum of five years working experience in the relevant field.
- Blue Ocean Strategy: Pursue value innovation like never before with one of the world's best management strategies. UCSI is the only Malaysian university to offer an MBA with this elective.
- 100% Coursework: No exams – you will be assessed through written assignments, case studies, projects and presentations.
Online and distance learning at UCSI
- Supported Learning: 20 hours of face-to-face guidance each module.
- Flexible Study: Learn wherever and whenever you want.
- Self-Paced: Freedom to set your own learning schedule.
- 24/7 Accessibility: All learning materials are available online.
Lecturers will engage 20 hours of face-to-face learning sessions per course each semester while providing email-based support throughout. The online chat sessions may be conducted with or without audio and video presentation, and the messages, chat log and threaded discussions will be available to the entire class. These sessions are scheduled and students' active participation is expected.
Students will be assessed through written assignments, case studies, presentations and projects. The lecturers will provide regular feedback on their work, mark assignments, and monitor their progress throughout the course.
Business Function (Core)
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management and Policy
Business Operation (Core)
- Information Technology for Managers
- International Business and Management
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Business Generation (Core)
- Research Methods for Business and Management*
- Master Course Project (12,000 to 15,000 words)
- *Project prerequisite
Business Effectuation (Electives)
Select any two:
- Small Business Management
- Business Communication and Negotiation
- Blue Ocean Strategy
- Operations and Logistics Management
(Students should note that not all elective courses will be offered in the semester.)
Tuition cost for 2 years which is minimum 6 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 26, 000
- International students: RM 35, 000
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 600.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 23, 600
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent
- A recognised bachelor’s degree with CGPA below 2.50 or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years working experience in a relevant field
English language requirements
International students are required to achieve a minimum score of IELTS 6.0 or its equivalent.
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614