The ﬁrst postgraduate programme in Malaysia to combine all three ﬁelds of healthy aging, medical aesthetic and regenerative medicine.
The Master of Science in Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetic and Regenerative Medicine is the ﬁrst postgraduate programme in Malaysia to combine all three upcoming ﬁelds of healthy aging, medical aesthetic and regenerative medicine.
Designed and offered exclusively to licensed medical doctors, the programme provides learners with a curriculum focusing on evidence-based practices.
Led by practitioners and academics with extensive experience in the ﬁeld, the programme is speciﬁcally designed to provide doctors with knowledge in these three ﬁelds through practical and hands-on approaches to learning. These include demonstrations, hands-on practices, laboratory sessions and talks by visiting speakers.
With access to the who’s who in the industry, our learners will also enjoy avenues for further research and collaborations. This provides them with a platform to communicate their ﬁndings to the healthcare community through conferences or journal publications.
The School of Healthy Aging, Medical Aesthetics and Regenerative Medicine was established in 2011 and is part of UCSI University’s Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, which has become synonymous with excellence in education and research.
For Malaysian doctors, this is the only Master’s pathway to become a licensed and credentialed doctor in Aesthetic Medicine.
International students will have the advantage of learning evidence-based Aesthetic Medicine.
Students are assessed on assignments, log book recordings and case studies. There are three project papers and three written exams for the subjects of anti-aging, aesthetics and regenerative medicine respectively.
This Master’s Programme is the key to opening different doors in the medical healthcare industry with innumerable opportunities for career growth for doctors.
Some of the possible future career pathways are as follows:
- Mainstream Doctors
- Business / Medical Consultant, Advisor or Medical Director of their own companies or companies in the following industries
Tuition cost for 2 years which is minimum 5 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 51, 557
- International students: RM 53, 922
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
For Malaysian candidates:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) from UCSI University or any MBBS program from other recognized Institute of Higher Education with at least 1 year clinical experienced (post registration clinical experience)
- Provide true copy of Malaysian Medical Council registration certificate Act 50 (Medical Act 1971)
For foreign candidates:
- Certified true copy of the certificate from their country’s medical council
- Certified true copy of the Medical Degree certificate
- Medical qualification and active medical license from the state, province or nation where applicant resides and satisfies the department’s requirements during an entrance evaluation
English language requirements
Passes at least IELTS Band 6 or TOEFL 550 if the first degree is from a university where English is not a medium of instruction, OR Passed the University-approved English Language proficiency test.
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614