Emphasises contemporary management thinking and substantial applied research projects that will help learners advance their career.
Designed for senior management-level staff, the UCSI University DBA programme emphasises contemporary management thinking and substantial applied research projects that will help learners advance their career to the next level.
As a professional doctorate, the programme aims to provide management professionals and practitioners with extensive opportunities to reﬂect upon that add value to their experiences and expertise.
Through structured interactions with the faculty and a select group of dedicated colleagues from diverse industries and backgrounds, learners will also enhance their personal and leadership skills while extending their business networking abilities.
UCSI University's DBA is a three-year programme with a trimester offering. Each semester lasts 14 weeks.
Classes are scheduled on weekends.
The objectives of the UCSI University DBA programme are:
- Extend and build upon past experiences together with academic attainments to map each individual's professional management career.
- Intensify and apply participants' managerial skills, capabilities and competencies to effectively confront challenges in the global business environment.
- Develop strategic understanding and interest in local, regional and global developments impinging upon business and management.
- Internalise individual behaviour that encourages and motivates lifelong learning, self-development, growth and leadership.
- Enhance individual management and problem-solving capabilities by applying cognitive skills that are embedded within the extensive research exposure involved in the DBA programme.
- Develop broad and perceptive understanding of the business and management knowledge in the contemporary business environment.
- Appreciate the potential value of applied research in the practice of management.
- Capacity to contribute to knowledge that would enhance the quality of professional management performance.
- Capabilities in managing personal development, personal effectiveness, growth and leadership competencies through critical self-reflection.
The UCSI University DBA programme provides students with relevant, interesting and stimulating experiences via a variety of innovative teaching and learning techniques. The dynamic learning process involves various methods. Methodology and pedagogy varies to include: lectures, case methods, team-based approach, active learning, group research assignments, report writing, guest speakers, presentations and seminars. Furthermore, the small class size creates a collaborative, highly-interpersonal environment for graduate business and management education.
The first seven courses are assessed differently from the final DBA thesis course. For each, a series of coursework assessment will be adopted including class participation, individual presentation and written assignment.
The DBA thesis course would be supervised by a designated DBA supervisor appointed by UCSI University. The length of the thesis will be approximately 50,000 words. The thesis would be examined by 1 internal examiner and two external examiners with viva-voce.
Depending on your progress, you will be ready for the postgraduate colloquium where you will have the opportunity to present your work to your peers and other stakeholders during your second or third year.
UCSI University DBA graduates are equipped with transferable skills such as academic achievements (knowledge learned from the classroom – theoretical and applied), organisational and communication skills, analytical skills, commitment, practical, maturity, decisiveness, intellectual creativity, capacity for hard work, group dynamic skills (teamwork, leadership, ability to motivate others), research / project management skills, and cross-cultural awareness (working with fellow students from different nationalities and background), etc. that would translate into employableb skills for spearheading their careers.
Career opportunities for the UCSI University DBA candidate include dynamic and challenging managerial tasks such as decision-making and problem-solving, critical and analytical thinking, strong business acumen and effective time-management skills. DBA graduates have a wide choice of career opportunities spanning across various industries such as banking and financial services, international trade, shared services and outsourcing, engineering, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), Employment, Research and Development, Information Technology and others. UCSI University DBA graduates may be employed as senior executives or hold a senior management position such as a Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director / Executive Director, General Manager, Vice President of Operations, Business Analyst, Business Development Manager, Project Manager, Accounting Manager, Research and Development Engineer, Lecturer, and Finance Manager / Analyst among others.
Tuition cost for 3 years which is minimum 9 semesters
- Malaysian students: RM 54, 600
- International students: RM 63, 000
Additional charges will be implemented as well,
- Resources fee for Malaysian students (ICT, library, student activities, facilities): RM 600.00
- Resources fee for International student (ICT, library, student activities, facilities, medical plan): RM 650.00
Special case for international students
- First time payment after application: RM 24, 600
A recognised Master degree or equivalent.
English language requirements
- IELTS Band 6.0
- Applicants who are deemed to have attained the equivalent competency of B2 on the Common European Framework Reference (CEFR)
- TOEFL: a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 79 with no less than 17 in each four components (internet-based)
- Applicants with degrees and with proof of English Language as the medium of instruction are exempted from the above requirements upon faculty approval
Application process for Malaysian students
All students must complete the Online Registration Form.
Submit by post the Online Registration Form and the following documents to the Student Enrolment Centre:
- A certified true copy of actual / forecast / trial examination results. For instance: SPM / 'O'- Levels, STPM / A-Levels, UEC, SAM, CPU or other equivalent qualifications.
- For exemption purposes - Diploma students (completed or currently still studying) must provide a certified transcript and Diploma Certificate (if applicable), together with the course syllabus.
- A photocopy of your Identification Card (IC), both sides.
- Three (3) copies of passport-size colour photograph.
- Other supporting documents for your application (if any), eg. TOEFL, IELTS, MUET etc.
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- A 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
A crossed cheque or bankdraft or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) for registration should be made payable to UCSI Education Sdn. Bhd. The Registration Fees are as follows:
- RM400 (All programmes in UCSI University, Kuala Terengganu Campus)
- RM650 (Postgraduate Programmes)
Application process for international students
Register online through the official website.
1. Academic Qualifications (PDF format)
For Postgraduate Applications, kindly include:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
- 2-3 page essay (i.e. your personal statement) in relation to your goals and objectives and how this programme will meet or enhance those objectives
2. Passport copy (Multipage PDF format)
- Passport validity must not be less than 18 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport – including the cover pages – are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3. Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with white background
- Photograph measurement: Height (45mm) and Width (35mm)
4. Medical Report Form (PDF format)
5. Accommodation Application Form (if required)
- Enclosed with non-refundable booking fee of RM1,000 (USD 340)
6. Additional Documents
- Declaration Letter: discrepancy of name on passport & academic transcripts; to be issued by home country’s Ministry of Education OR by home country's commissioner of oath.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC - Sudan): for students with Sudanese passport. To be issued by Sudan Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malasyia.
- Eligibility Letter (EL - Iran): for students with Iranian passport. To be issued by Iran Embassy in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
7. Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee
- Fee for this course: RM 2,790
Telegraphic Transfer (TT) receipt of the Application Fee (inclusive of EMGS payment) (receipt copies are to be uploaded during online registration or emailed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
Then, Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO) is required after meeting the entry requirements and receiving the payment (Applications Fee and EMGS Visa Processing Fee), the University will email a scanned copy of the Conditional Letter of Offer (CLO). Then, UCSI University will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter on behalf of the student. This process will take approximately 8-10 weeks.
When remittance of the Initial Fees and Miscellaneous Fees (as stated in the LoA including total rental and deposit for staying at the Residential Hall) have been credited into UCSI University's bank account via Telegraphic Transfer (refer to Step 1), UCSI University will courier the original LoA and the Original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the student upon request only.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.ucsiuniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
UCSI University Kuala Lumpur Campus
- No. 1, Jalan Menara Gading, UCSI Heights (Taman Connaught), Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tel: (+603) 9101 8880
- Fax: (+603) 9102 2614