MSc Chemical Engineering by The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus.
The programme has been designed to assist holders of relevant degrees in science and engineering to upgrade their academic qualifications and enhance their professional standing. You will gain skills in advanced engineering practice, which includes design, operations, problem-solving and practical elements. The advanced practice is centred on themes in energy and environmental applications, so you can also gain significant experience in areas such as carbon capture, energy efficiency, food and pharmaceutical engineering, nanotechnology, process optimisation and water treatment.
The programme is operated on a modular basis and consists of two semesters during which you will follow a series of taught modules followed by an individual research project, undertaken during the summer period. You will be taught using the latest advances in teaching methods and electronic resources. You must choose modules worth a total of 80 credits. To meet IChemE’s further learning requirement, you must include 40 credits of specified modules designated as chemical engineering depth. You must also complete the Research Planning module (10 credits) and the Group Design Project (30 credits) before undertaking an Individual Research Project (60 credits), leading to a total of 180 credits for the programme. If you have taken any of the modules as part of a BEng/ MEng degree programme at the University of Nottingham, you are not allowed to take those modules for a second time.
Typical core modules:
- Group Design Project
- MSc Research Project
- Research Planning
Optional depth modules:
- Advanced Biochemical Engineering
- Advanced Computational Methods
- Advanced Process Control
- Advanced Reaction Engineering
- Advanced Rheology and Materials
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Industrial Dehydration
- Multiphase Systems
- Process Design and Optimisation
- Process Synthesis and Design
Optional breadth modules:
- Advanced Environmental Assessment
- Air Pollution 2
- Contaminated Land
- Fats and Oils Processing Technology
- Food Processing Technology
- Microfluidic Technology
- Palm Oil and Oleochemicals
- Petroleum Refining and Gas Processing
- Power Generation and Carbon Capture
- Professional Engineer in Society
- Process Simulation 1
- Statistical Process Control and Quality Management
- Water Treatment Engineering
An upper second class honours degree (or international equivalent) in chemical engineering or a related discipline.
Other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Applicants must have graduated from an approved university
English language requirements
- IELTS: 6.0 (no elements below 5.5)
- TOEFL (iBT): 79 (minimum 17 in Writing and Listening, 18 in reading, 20 in Speaking)
- PTE (Academic):55 (minimum 51)
IELTS and TOEFL test results must be less than 2 years old and all IELTS must be the academic version of the test.
Students completing this programme have found jobs in a range of industries, including oil and gas, petrochemicals, food, environmental protection, nanotechnology, consultancy and management. The programme also aims to provide a strong foundation for further study to PhD level and pursuit of a career in research.