This course is the paramount importance for the generation of knowledge for a better understanding of the various aspects of the health sciences industry as well as to improve the design of...
- This is a research based studies
Highly trained and specialised scientists are of paramount importance for the generation of knowledge for a better understanding of the various aspects of the health sciences industry as well as to improve the design of appropriate health policies in Malaysia and globally. Perdana University aims to provide the highest level of training by thesis to our PhD candidates in the health sciences in order to strengthen the teaching and research capacity both nationally and globally.
Specialty of the programme:
- Diverse and unique exploration areas
- Faculty with clinical and research experience
- Access to international network of health science experts and clinicians
Graduates will be able to:
- Investigate and interpret the outcomes of research
- Present and disseminate cogent, research-based arguments, supported by valid evidence, that outline the implications of the research
- Write in a scholarly way that is appropriate for publication in refereed higher education journals
- Frame research questions and devise appropriately designed research projects
- Critically review literature related to a research project in the field
- Select appropriate qualitative and/or quantitative approaches to gather, analyse and interpret evidence
This is a full-research based programme:
- Phase I: Prerequisite Coursework (if required)
- Phase II: Comprehensive Examination
- Phase III: Proposal Defence
- Phase IV: Independent Research and Thesis Preparation
- Phase V: Thesis submission and examination
- School of Data Sciences (PU-SDS)
A Master’s degree accepted by the Senate of Perdana University; or other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree that are recognized by the Senate.
English language requirements
Students must possess a good command of the English language. Additionally, TOEFL minimum score of 600 or IELTS minimum Band 6 or higher. Exceptions in the IELTS or TOEFL requirements may be made on a discretionary basis by the University Senate. Also, adequate proficiency in English Language as approved by the Perdana University Senate
Candidates interested in the academic programmes are advised to ensure that they meet the entry requirements of the programme before they submit their application form.
Form can be obtained from http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/application-process/.
Please be reminded that for this course, the application is available to to apply at January, May and September.
International student matters
All foreigners who wish to pursue their education in any level of education in Malaysia are required to apply for a Student Pass and Visa. Without Visa Approval Letter (VAL), International Students are not allowed to enter Malaysia. The application must be made through the Perdana University.
How to apply VAL?
- Apply to Perdana University and receive the offer letter.
- Prepare document as required – refer checklist
- Register with EMGS by log in to http://educationmalaysia.gov.my
- (*EMGS User Guideline, Example Guideline and VAL (EMGS) Fees Payment Information)
- Complete the required information: Complete the required information, upload the documents as required, select the insurance company, select payment method and complete application with EMGS
- Compile documents according to the checklist
- Send the completed documents to the International Office, Perdana University
- View application status via EMGS Application Status. Once application has been approved, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will issue a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the students concerned. The university will notify students once approval has been received. Students must provide complete address and contact number if they wish to receive the original VAL.
- Obtain a single entry visa at the nearest Malaysia Embassy/consulate in your home country with the VAL.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.perdanauniversity.edu.my/ for deeper and more information.
- Block B & D1, Level 1 MAEPS Building, MARDI Complex, Jalan MAEPS Perdana, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, MALAYSIA
- Tel: +60389418646
- Fax: +60389417661