This course revolves around the teaching of business and management knowledge in the field of engineering which will be applied onto fields such as industrial engineering.
Master of Science in Sustainable System Management
- A coursework based course
The programme is broken down into:
1. To produce graduates with skills in business and engineering management in order to become the change agents in technology and sustainable energy industries.
2. To develop business leaders who are innovative and able to spearhead the advancement of technology-based industry in the country.
3. To establish appreciation in ethics, social and professional responsibilities.
- Organizational Management
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management
- Economics for Managers
- Strategic Management
- Operations Management
- Technology Management and Innovation
- Energy Management in Industry
- Energy Monitoring and Auditing
- Environmental Compliance and Audit
- Research Methodology
The core business subjects focus on various aspects of managing successful businesses, whilst the core technology subjects expose the students on the importance of technology, innovations and management of operations. The three elective subjects on technology introduce the students to the specific area of energy management, monitoring and auditing.
- Faculty of Engineering, Graduate Institute of Engineering
- Cyberjaya campus, Malaysia
- Malacca campus, Malaysia
Minimum entry requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree with Honours or CGPA of 2.50 and above. In related fields from MMU or other recognised Universities approved by the Senate.
English language requirement
In addition to the academic requirements, an applicant is also required to possess a sufficient level of English language proficiency by obtaining one of the following:
- A minimum overall TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based).
- A minimum IELTS (academic) overall band score of 6.0.
- A credit in 1119 English Examination.
- A minimum MUET overall band score of 4.
- A minimum score of 134 in Multimedia University's English Language Proficiency Test.
- Any other qualification which is of equivalent level as determined by the Senate of the University.
All applicants must fulfil the English Language requirement in order to be admitted to the approved programme.
*Application process is unique for different institutions, please kindly visit their respective postgraduate website to ensure your application is handled well.*
Full Time (Recommended Maximum Years: 3)
- Register and present at University for the whole period of candidature
Part Time (Recommended Maximum Years: 5)
- Register and present at the University for at least 10 working days per year
Please visit: http://ips.mmu.edu.my/index.php?mod=53
Above attached link is the registration process required by Multimedia University. Please bare in mind that you will have to conduct the following procedures:
- For local students, payment of RM 50 is required for the application.
- For international students, payment of RM 280 is required for the application.
The payments can be made via the following method to 'UNIVERSITI TELEKOM SDN BHD':
- Bank draft
- Online transaction
- Credit card only during office hours at the university's Finance Counter
Finally, attach the receipt with your application as a proof of payment done.
International student matters
*Students are advised to research the campus available offered by Multimedia University, as each campus offered different courses.*
All international students are compulsory to apply for the approval of Student Pass and Visa. Without Visa Approval Letter (VAL), international students are denied entry to study in Malaysia. The process can be tedious. Therefore, it is encourage to pay full attention to this international student matters.
The application for VAL must be made through this university, kindly visit https://www.mmu.edu.my/admission/international-students/, to apply for visa only for INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS. For more information about Malaysia' immigration laws, kindly visit http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/.
Once application has been approved, the Immigration Department of Malaysia will issue a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to the students concerned. The university will notify students once approval has been received. Students must provide complete address and contact number if they wish to receive the original VAL.
1. Entry Visa
(Students who have been granted the visa approval letter must apply for an entry visa from the nearest Malaysian Embassy or Malaysian Consulate Office in their country before traveling to Malaysia. Without an entry visa, you will not be allowed to enter Malaysia.)
2. Immunization Certificate (Applicable to students from South America and Africa ONLY)
(They are required to possess a valid Immunization Certificate for Yellow Fever not less than ten (10) days before they enter Malaysia. Students will not be allowed to enter Malaysia without the valid immunization certificate.)
3. Arrival Notification
(Students must notify the University of their Arrival Details at least seven (7) working days before the traveling date to Malaysia. Arrival notification must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (Cyberjaya Campus) or email@example.com (Melaka Campus). A representative from MMU will meet the students at the Airport.)
4. Changes in Arrival Details
(Please notify the authority at least 48 hours earlier (excluding weekend) if there are any changes in your arrival itinerary. Email or contact the authority.)
5. Confirm Accommodation Arrangement
(You must confirm your accommodation arrangement before traveling to Malaysia. Otherwise, you may have to stay at the nearest hotel while looking for an accommodation. You are required to liaise with the accommodation provider to confirm your arrangement.)
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities. Also may visit http://ips.mmu.edu.my/index.php?mod=1# to see offers provided by the university.
- Encourage to visit https://www.mmu.edu.my for deeper and more information.
- Multimedia University, Persiaran Multimedia, 63100 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Tel: +603 - 8312 5803 / 5092
- Fax: +603 - 8312 5080
Institute for Postgraduate Studies (IPS):
- Tel: +603 - 8312 5326 / 5182
- Fax: +603 - 8312 5300
- Multimedia University, Jalan Ayer Keroh Lama, 75450 Bukit Beruang, Melaka, Malaysia
- Tel: +606 -252 3442 / 3443
- Fax: +606 - 231 8255
Institute for Postgraduate Studies (IPS):
- Tel: +6 06-252 3564 / 3824