The Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability) is designed for working engineers and engineering graduates with an ambition to lead.
The Master of Advanced Engineering (Energy and Sustainability) is designed for working engineers and engineering graduates with an ambition to lead. Addressing the pertinent demands in sustainable energy development, the course guides students to greater applicable knowledge in this area of specialisation and to succeed in complex problem solving methods.
This program is ideal for those who aspire for career advancement in the competitive global environment.
Areas of study
Students will acquire an advanced understanding in energy and sustainability and the ability to develop solutions to complex engineering problems. Students will study core units in engineering leadership and engineering analysis to strengthen their abilities in critical reasoning, innovation and strategic thinking.
- Apply advanced energy and sustainability based knowledge in an engineering context
- Employ energy and sustainability based techniques to solve complex problems, design engineering solutions, and evaluate potential designs to identify optimal solutions
- Research, investigate and critically appraise current developments and research directions, and identify future directions for energy and sustainability
- Demonstrate a commitment to uphold code of ethics and established norms of professional engineering conduct
- Communicate information effectively to industry and wider community
- Demonstrate knowledge of team dynamics and leadership, and function effectively as an individual and in diverse engineering teams
- Select and apply appropriate resources and modern engineering tools to systematically manage systems and progress knowledge
- Employ energy and sustainability techniques into all phases of engineering project work, including business planning and financial management.
This program offers a research pathway option as an alternative route for students to progress from a coursework master’s program into a PhD program. The research option requires the recommendation of the Associate Head of School (Graduate Research) and approval from the Faculty/ MGE (Monash Graduate Education).
You will complete eight units (48 credit points) as follows:
- Advanced Engineering Data Analysis
- Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Technologies
- Energy Efficient Lighting
- Principles and Practices for Sustainable Development
- Environmental and Air Pollution Control
- Smart Grids
- Minor project (12 credit points)
Intakes for 2018
- February and July
In 2018, annual tuition fees for this course are:
- RM48,000 for Malaysian students (full course)
- RM52,800 for international students (full course)
- Application - RM100
- Registration - RM200
- General amenities - RM100
Visa for new international student
- Visa application fee - RM 2,380
To apply for this course, you must have completed at least one of the following:
- Minimum average of 70% in a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- Minimum average of 65% in a 4-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution with 5 years of relevant working experience. A Curriculum Vitae and a 300-word Statement of Purpose is required. A phone interview may be requested
- Minimum average of 70% in a 3-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from a recognised tertiary institution with 2 years of relevant working experience
- Having fulfilled Monash University’s English language proficiency entry requirements
English language requirement
Sound English language skills are required for all academic programs at Monash. You can demonstrate your English language proficiency through one of the following:
- Studying English at Year 12 or equivalent
- Studying at an institution where English is the language of instruction
- English Proficiency Tests
- Monash English Bridging.
If you have achieved more than one of the English language requirements over a period of time, only the most recent demonstration of English proficiency will be considered.
You must meet specific English language requirements when applying for our master’s and doctoral research degrees.
Submission of evidence
You must submit full documentary evidence in support of English proficiency with your application for candidature. If your first language is not English, or where degree qualifications were not undertaken in the English language, Monash reserves the right to seek further documentary evidence of English proficiency.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as Malaysia is a majority muslim country. It is advisable for international students to understand the country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit https://www.monash.edu/ for deeper and more information.
- Tel: +60 3 5514 6000
- Fax: +60 3 5514 6001