This programme provides an opportunity for the pharmacy graduates to address their training needs as a modern primary care pharmacist.
- This course is pimrarily about coursework based studies and numerous practical studies
There will be three specialisations in Pharmacy Practice namely:
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Social & Administrative Pharmacy
- Pharmacy ManagementFaculty
IMU is Malaysia’s first and most established private medical and healthcare university with over 23 years of dedicated focus in healthcare education. IMU offers a range of postgraduate programmes in a number of subject areas related to health and healthcare. Postgraduate degrees are completed solely by a research-based thesis, or by a combination of coursework and a research-based thesis.
1. Renowned and Highly Experienced Faculty
Students are taught and supervised by experts with well-established reputations. The academic community of IMU pursues excellence in a wide range of research activity. Many faculty members present their findings in international conferences to keep up to date with developments in specialised areas. They also publish their findings in international peer-reviewed journals.
2. Research Partnership
Students benefit from the University’s research collaborations with various local and foreign institutions in areas such as cancer, bioactive molecules, nutrition and environmental health. Close links in clinical research have been established with Malaysian Ministry of Health hospitals such as Hospital Tuanku Ja’afar.
3. Specialisation Options
The Master of Pharmacy Practice (MPP) degree programme offered by IMU is unique because areas of specialisation are offered, namely Clinical Pharmacy, Social & Administrative Pharmacy and Pharmacy Management. The choice of specialisation is based on the candidate’s preferences, their career needs and aspirations. Learning can be immediately applied, and if this is done regularly, creates a virtuous, enriching cycle of learning and continuing development.
4. A Flexible Schedule
The schedule allows pharmacists to continue working while undertaking a flexible schedule of campus-based classes and experiential learning, with online support and contact with tutors when needed.
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- IMU Main Campus, Bukit Jalil, Malaysia
Effective 2016, there will be a 15% reduction in postgraduate tuition fees for all IMU alumni who are self-funding their postgraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Semester 1 - RM 10, 000
- Semester 2 - RM 10, 000
- Semester 3 - RM 20, 000
- Semester 1 - RM 13, 300
- Semester 2 - RM 13, 400
- Semester 3 - RM 26, 950
Applicants are required to have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.75, as accepted by the HEP Senate.
Alternatively, if the above requirement is not met:
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.50 and not meeting CGPA of 2.75, can be accepted subject to rigorous internal assessment.
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or equivalent not meeting CGPA of 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in relevant field.
English language requirement
International applicants are required to have either of the following:
- IELTS of a score of 5.0
- Cambridge English: Advanced of a score of 160
- Cambridge English: Proficiency of a score of 180
- Pearson Test of English of a score of 36
- TOEFL (PBT)of a score of 410 - 413
- TOEFL (iBT) of a score of 34
There is a processing fee required to be paid to the university upon applying for a course in IMU.
For the medicine and dentistry programmes, in addition to the academic qualifications, IMU requires all candidates to attend an oral interview, which is designed to provide us with further insight about the candidates, before a final decision of the selection is made.
International student matters
International students who wish to study in a Malaysian institution must apply for a Student Pass before entering Malaysia. Conversion of a Social Pass (Tourist Pass) is STRICTLY not allowed. Student Pass application takes 8 weeks for approval. This duration is just an estimation and it is dependent on EMGS and Immigration Department. Upon receiving the Letter of Offer, students must ensure that they accept the offer before the deadline by making payment for the necessary tuition fee and visa application fee as stated in the letter. Also, we advise that all documents are sent to us three (3) months before the intake date. It is important that you follow the guidelines strictly to avoid delays in your visa application. The University holds no responsibility for late submission. Please visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/support-services/application-requirements-proc... for deeper details.
Important documents to be noted:
- Student Pass / Visa processing fee of RM2,500; fee is paid to EMGS (non-refundable) via IMU.
- Completed Pre-Arrival Medical Health Examination Report.
- 6 passport-size photographs (white background – size 3.5cm X 4.5cm).
- 2 photocopies of passport (ALL pages including blank pages. Passport copies should be clear and printed on single-sided A4 paper).
- Please ensure that your passport has a validity of at least 18 months from intake date.
- Fees are subjected to change, for international student may have to refer to latest exchange rates.
- Additional cost my incurred depending on situation (Accommodation, laboratories equipment/materials, etc.)
- Encourage to study and research laws in Malaysia, as a Muslim majority country, it is advisable for international students to understand our country's strict rules and culture.
- English is used as a teaching medium and a widely spoken language in Malaysia, if the requirements are not stated in the university webpage, advisable to contact the university's authority for further information about English requirements or English Entry Requirements.
- For scholarship opportunities, please browse through our webpage postgradasia.com to find out local and international opportunities.
- Encourage to visit http://www.imu.edu.my/imu/ for deeper and more information.
IMU MAIN CAMPUSBUKIT JALIL
- No.126, Jalan Jalil Perkasa 19,Bukit Jalil,57000 Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
- +603 8656 7228