Master of Petroleum Engineering by Curtin University, Malaysia.
The Faculty of Engineering and Science offers a Masters conversion course in Petroleum Engineering that can be completed in 18 months. This comprehensive course will provide you with a multidisciplinary education in petroleum engineering. You will cover a wide variety of subjects core to the petroleum engineering field, including applied geology and geophysics, drilling and reservoir engineering, hydrocarbon phase behaviour, formation evaluation and petroleum economics and project management. Curtin University prides itself on the links and strong working relationships forged with such companies as Shell, PETRONAS, Schlumberger, JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration, Technip, and others. As a result, our students have the privilege of working closely with local industry. In our teaching, we strive to produce the best engineers and our close contact with industry ensures a future full of potential.
Course Entry Requirements/Prerequisites
Applicants must have an honour’s level Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering discipline from a recognized institution. Candidates who work in the upstream oil and gas industry (with considerable exposure to core technical areas such as drilling, production engineering and/ or reservoir engineering may be considered with degrees in other relevant science disciplines.
Year 1 Semester 1
- Phase Behaviour and Flow Assurance
- Formation Evaluation
- Applied Geology and Geophysics
- Fundamentals of Reservoir Engineering
Year 1 Semester 2
- Drilling Engineering Fundamentals
- Advanced Reservoir Engineering
- Production Technology
- Well Stimulation Remedial and Intervention Operations
Year 2 Semester 1
- Advanced Numerical Reservoir Simulation
- Hydrocarbon Economics and Project Management
- Field Development Planning
- Advanced Drilling Practices